Thursday, June 01, 2006

over it...get

footsteps of your presence are
shadowed indentions throughout my thoughts
planting pits into my determined intention to forget

forget...

I want you

I want to

make you inconsequential
like a wind without the power to ruffle my clothes
or
a scent so light it escapes the reach of my nose
or
a shimmer so thin I can't see it’s there
or
a molecule so small it can sit on the tip of a split hair

but it ain’t that easy

cuz even though my
reality means remaining in a state
of never evolution
I remember
what almost was

what almost was


and dream of
what could have been

even as
I

smile into the faces of other men
i see
your

smile within the faces of other men

even as
i

style my life without you
I see
your

style within my life without you

cuz I cannot forget

i cannot forget...


help me to forget

disappear from the face of the earth
please
stop teasing me with your nearness
cuz you know you’re
far away
cease this game of friendly contact
cuz you know i
cannot play

you know what i want

I want you

I want to


forget


please

help me

by erasing the stain
of you
from my memory
by eradicating the disease
of you
from my blood
by exorcising the ghost
of you
from my soul

that's the least you can do
to help me to
forget
you

13 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

even as
I
smile into the faces of other men
i see
your
smile within the faces of other men

How true... *sigh* Only thing that works for me is time, or a new boyfriend

6/02/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Oh, Sisi--
you are on target with this poem.

"I want to

make you inconsequential
like a wind without the power to ruffle my clothes..."

You capture this desire to cope with a new existence, despite the past that is forever "stained," as you call it, in the present.

Bravo. Your words are inspiring.

SRae


p.s. Sisi means "sister" in Xhosa. :)

6/11/2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger Morountodun said...

Very touching piece about memories. Its amazing how we always see something to remind us about things we try to forget but yet struggle to remember other things no matter how we try...

6/18/2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

It's so hard to forget, I concur with cece..new boyfriend or at least a new play toy

7/06/2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice poem

7/19/2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Xave said...

I like the way you alter the rhythm. Very cool. I could actually hear drumstick tapping on the rim of the snare, punctuated by the occasional tap to the cymbals.

7/20/2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...this is deep! I like it!

8/11/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

You captured the essence of pleasure and pain and how hard it is remain innocent to your guilt even during the acquittal.

8/16/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger 1InTheSame said...

I am more impressed with each one I read...

8/18/2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Xave said...

Worth revisiting. This inspires me.

10/25/2006 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Valium mixed with Pantera rosa cierre tv show Romania moving companies Miniature vacuum cleaner sweater patterns car alarms sabre Eye sensations after lasik Signs of video game addiction car alarms photographs http://www.cheap-international-prepaid-calling-card.info/car-security-car-alarms-sigma.html car alarms lights car alarms rated sell circuit breakers

2/15/2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa...how did I miss the poetry?! Nuff respect due!

1/29/2008 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very deep! keep it up!

10/30/2008 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home